Life gives us plenty of opportunities to be stressed and anxious, but they steal away your life, health, relationships. Just say no to stress and use these 10 Silly Ways To Relieve Stress.
If you’re looking for the magic bullet, I ain’t got it, but these work for me, so give ’em a shot. You might like it?
- Get some exercise. Stress accumulates in your muscle and nervous system. Doing something physical allows you to release the built up tension.
- Eat healthy. Healthy eating is vital to the health of your body. You may think stress is in your mind, but it’s in your body. Stop eating fast foods, eat hardly any sugar, and white flour. Get Healthy.
- Get a budget. Money is not the root of all evil. Being stressed out about is, though. Instead of that constant background worry about where it’s going, do the deed. Write it down. Make a budget for peace.
- Cut out useless task. Get real about the stuff you’re doing for nothing. Instead of spending hours doing “stuff” that doesn’t add value to anything, don’t do it. Spend the time doing something responsible, like family time or making a budget.
- Minimalize your stuff. Take a hard look around your home, office, shop, every place you spend time, and get rid of every thing you don’t use regularly. Throw it away, give it away, sell it, just get it out of your sight. You don’t need it, it just confuses you.
- Check out your work routine. Take the time to look at what you’re doing at work that is wasting time with no production. Being busy all the time may not be productivity. Look at it, and rearrange time and task to put your efforts in more effective time slots to cure stress.
- Talk about it. Don’t bottle up your thoughts and emotions. Don’t use your spouse for a dumping ground. Find someone you can talk to about your personal stuff. Someone who will allow you to be open and honest and you will not only have natural stress remedies, you will also see your problems from a different perspective.
- Write about it. One of the best ways I have ever found to reduce stress is to get a cheap notebook and just start writing. The good thing is that you can let it flow here. Cuss, swear, tell it like it really is. Get up 30 minutes early, let it come to the paper. No punctuation, no capital letters, just getting it out. Call it morning pages. Burn it when your through.
- Laugh it off. Keep a stash of the absolute funniest movies you’ve ever seen. If you don’t have any, go buy some. When you’re uptight, worried, grieved, or mad – get ’em out. When you are laughing you are changing everything in your body, including built up stress. You can’t be anything else when you are laughing, but laughing. It’ll change your life.
- Listen to loud music. If you’re the more refined type, just leave the volume low. But everybody these days has some music that they enjoy listening to, so get it out. Music relaxes you, and helps you unwind. It has the ability to swoop your mind off to far away places that were more peaceful. I still say try turning it up, and pounding those ear drums to forget the day.
You bonus for making it to the bottom:
Read the Bible. You think you have problems, the people in the bible were getting eaten by lions, stoned to death, ostracized by their family, friends, and religious communities. Did they give up? They prayed their way through it all. If you haven’t read it lately, try the 23rd psalm. Do an online search for bible verses for stress.
Relieving stress isn’t really as difficult as you might think. There is a gillion ways and methods to get relief, you just have to get started. You, your family, your career, and your health are waiting on you.